Vorob'ev Vladimir Pavlovich, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, sub-department of public administration and regional sociology, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Murzina Irina Aleksandrovna, Candidate of sociological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of public administration and regional sociology, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The measurement of corruption, both qualitative and quantitative indicators, is becoming a very important task of sociological science. The effectiveness of any anti-corruption measures is to a large extent determined by the quality of sociological analysis of corruption as a specific social phenomenon, the peculiarities of its real manifestation in modern Russia. In this regard, it is necessary to carefully select and adequately use various sociological methods for measuring the level of corruption. The aim of the study is to consider various approaches and sociological techniques to measuring the level of corruption and to identify their effectiveness.
Materials and methods. The work uses methods of traditional analysis of documents, legal acts, scientific literature and statistical information on research issues. Special attention is paid to the analysis of the official methodology of conducting sociological research to assess the level of corruption in the constituent entities of the Russian Federation.
Results. The main problems and contradictions of using various sociological methods to measure the level of corruption in modern Russia have been identified. According to the authors, it is difficult to record the level of distribution of the most important corruption manifestations, the specificity of which is the mutual interest of participants of corruption transactions.
Conclusions. In order to obtain reliable and realistic information on corruption, an integrated approach using both sociological and psychological methods is needed.
1. Kitova D. A., Zhuravlev A. L., Sosnin V. A., Yurevich A. V. Sotsial'naya i ekonomicheskaya psikhologiya [Social and economic psychology]. 2017, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 6–38. [In Russian]
2. Sotsial'no-psikhologicheskie issledovaniya korruptsii: monografiya [Social and psychological researches of corruption: monograph]. Execut. eds.: A. L. Zhuravlev, D. A. Kitova, V. A. Sosnin. Moscow: In-t psikhologii RAN, 2017, 285 p. [In Russian]
3. Kiselev I. Yu., Zueva S. V. Vlast' [Power]. 2018, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 169–182. [In Russian]
4. Savchenko I. A., Snegireva L. A., Ustinkin S. V. Vlast' [Power]. 2018, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 35–39. [In Russian]
5. Bol'shoy entsiklopedicheskiy slovar' [Big encyclopedic dictionary]. Available at: http:// endic.ru/enc_big/Korrupcija-29010.html (accessed Dec. 02, 2019). [In Russian]
6. O protivodeystvii korruptsii: Feder. zakon RF ot 25.12.2008 № 273-FZ [On the resistance of corruption: Federal Law of the Russian Federation of Decemper 25, 2008 No 273-FZ]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/ cons_doc_LAW_82959/ [In Russian]
7. Vorob'ev V. P. Evolyutsiya obshchestvennykh otnosheniy v protsesse rossiyskoy modernizatsii: sotsietal'nyy i regional'nyy aspekty: sb. st. Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Evolution of social relations in the process of Russian modernization: social and regional aspects: proceedings of International scientific and practical conference]. Penza: Privolzhskiy Dom znaniy, 2017, pp. 5–10. [In Russian]
8. Osnovy bor'by s organizovannoy prestupnost'yu [Fundamentals of combating organized crime]. Ed. by V. S. Ovchinskiy, V. E. Eminov, N. N. Yablokov. Moscow: INFRA-M, 1996, 400 p. [In Russian]
9. Pisarenko A. P. Vestnik Taganrogskogo instituta ekonomiki i upravleniya [Bulletin of Taganrog Institute of Economics and Management]. 2018, no. 1, pp. 36–39. [In Russian]
10. Ob utverzhdenii metodiki provedeniya sotsiologicheskikh issledovaniy v tselyakh otsenki urovnya korruptsii v sub"ektakh Rossiyskoy Federatsii: Postanovlenie Pravitel'stva RF ot 25.05.2019 № 662 [On the approval of the methodology for conducting sociological research in order to assess the level of corruption in the regions of the Russian Federation: the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of May 25, 2019 No 662].
RRS “ConsultantPlus”. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_ LAW_325751/ [In Russian]